Available now on the Xbox LIVE Marketplace and PlayStation Network, the 1.02 patch for the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection addresses several serious issues with the compilation, and at 8 MB in size, it's a fair sized patch for any Arcade Game.
Generally speaking, Achievement/Trophy issues, Gamma issues, and most notably, network issues for online play have all been addressed amongst others. Taken from the official forums here:
- · Fixed issues with game completion achievements not being unlocked upon successful completion of MK, MKII, or UMK3
· Ability to expand the game to a full screen display has been added to the Options menu.
· Gamma levels have been adjusted for arcade emulations to better represent the original arcade versions.
· Tweaks have been made to the arcade emulation display to better represent the original arcade versions.
· Tweaks have been made to the arcade emulation speed to best reflect the original arcade experience.
· Overall game stability has been improved.
- · Fixed the Network lag issue experience by many players that resulted in delayed control response and slow gameplay despite fast networking connections.
· Majority of Kombat Kodes have been enabled in Friendly Kombat online matches.
· Nametag and ranking of rival players are hidden from user when engaging in a ranked match until the match has begun to deter players from quitting based on who they are matched with.
· Fixed In-lobby bandwidth meter to accurately reflect the connection speed.
· Quitting a Ranked Kombat match or backing out of a Ranked Kombat match both now result in a loss to the quitting player, affecting his Kombat Rating.
· Gamertags \ PSN Usernames have been added to the display during online matches so that players are able to better see who they are fighting.
· Animation has been added to online match up screen when waiting for a rival player to provide feedback that the game has not frozen.
While I confess it's disappointing that this patch took almost four months to be released, better late than never, I suppose.
Now I can actually recommend the Mortal Kombat Arcade Kollection as a proper purchase, however it was already discounted once as a Deal of the Week on Xbox LIVE Marketplace by 50%, so keep your eyes peeled for future deals.
For the patch itself, my only major gripe is that they darkened the Gamma far too much, and there is no in-game Gamma correction option. Not the end of the world though.