Sunday, March 09, 2008

Master Chief Halo 3 Series 1 McFarlane Toys Review


Last week, McFarlane Toys released their first series of Halo 3 action figures, and being a fan of his collectibles, I decided to pick one up. I chose the Master Chief himself, and in McFarlane Toy tradition, he is very well detailed and simply looks awesome.

Firstly, while normally clam shell packaging is a pain to open, getting the Chief out of that was not too difficult, however getting him out of his plastic bubble tray was. He was just really pressed in there, but finally I got him popped out and decided to see what posses I could get.

The Chief only comes with an Assault Rifle (the packaging says a Grenade as well, but this is a misprint), which he can hold or you can clip on his back with a peg. I found his right hand a bit stiff to bend open and get his Assault Rifle in there, and many of his joints were also equally stiff, but after a little fiddling I was able to pose him just the way I wanted.

Unlike some other McFarlane Toys, his feet (which can also bend at the midway), can be placed very flat, so the Chief can properly stand without a base. Even with 12 points of articulation, however, the Chief is not really too poseable, and can only be placed in a few different stances, however this is also in tradition with all the other McFarlane Toys that I know of.

Considering I got him only for display, I must say I'm quite happy with the Series 1 Master Chief, and it was well worth the $12.99 price tag.

No comments: