Saturday, February 04, 2012

The History of Mortal Kombat - Episode 04

Mortal Kombat Secrets has released the fourth episode in their series, "The History of Mortal Kombat." Entitled "The Year of Mortal Kombat and Beyond," this video looks at 1996 when Mortal Kombat was everywhere; on the silver screen, stage, TV, etc. Mortal Kombat Trilogy is also shown.

You can check the video out here or below.



This was actually the year that I really got out of the franchise. I saw the film and enjoyed it, would have checked out the stage performance if I had the chance but never did (I do recall the ads for it), and I had no interest in Mortal Kombat Trilogy at all since it was nothing more than (what I considered) a cash-in update to Ultimate Mortal Kombat 3. The franchise just couldn't hold my interest compared to the PC games I had started playing, and shortly afterwards Mortal Kombat 4 was released to arcades which turned me off of the franchise completely.

This series is a great watch though, and I look forward to the next episode.

No comments: