Sunday, June 24, 2012

Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut Release Date Announced


The ending for Mass Effect 3 sparked a significant outrage amongst the gaming community, with many feeling it was too simple and weak to properly finish their Shepard's story.  To help rectify this, BioWare will be releasing a DLC add-on which expands upon the game's ending, free of charge.

This Tuesday, June 26th, gamers will be able to download the Extended Cut for Mass Effect 3.

Weighing in at about 1.9 GB, the add-on will feature additional cinematic scenes and epilogue scenes for the game's ending.  In order to experience the Extended Cut for existing characters who have already completed the game, however, you'll need to load a save from before the attack on the Cerberus Base.

That irks me, as that's far enough back in the story where it'll take me several hours of playtime to complete, and I simply can't invest that kind of time in a game I've already completed.  While I'll see the Extended Cut on subsequent playthroughs, I'm hugely disappointed that I won't be able to with my primary Shepard.  Hugely.  Disappointed.

You can find out full details about Mass Effect 3: Extended Cut here.

No comments: