Sunday, June 25, 2006

New PC Purchased

Yesterday I finally had the time to review the quotes I got and purchase a new PC. It should be ready on Tuesday, and here's the specs:

An Intel Pentium 4 930 3.0 Ghz Dual Core, an ASUS P5LD2 Intel 945p Chipset Mainboard, 1 GB of DDR2 Ram, a GeForce 7600 GT 256MB, and Windows XP Home Edition. I'm also having them install my previous sound card, a Creative Labs SoundBlaster Live! 5.1. It'll be good enough for what I need.

Once I have the system, I'll tinker with it for a few days until the long weekend, and then I'll determine whether I want to format it and start it from scratch or not. Since I've really missed out on Windows XP during its life cycle, there will be a bit of a learning curve for me.

The good news is I got all the above at a very good price; it's still hard to believe how cheap hardware is these days. I'll be able to play some great demos I couldn't touch before, and Half-Life 2 should look really great for my old man.

No comments: