Sunday, November 09, 2008
Halo Wars: Collector's Edition Revealed
Ensemble Studios and Microsoft Game Stuidos have unveiled the contents of the upcoming Halo Wars: Collector's Edition, which will naturally sell alongside the retail copy of the game when it launches this coming February.
- Three New “Halo 3” Multiplayer Maps – Be one of the first to experience the Mythic Map Pack from Bungie which includes three new maps, “Assembly,” “Orbital” and “Sandbox”
- Halo Wars: Genesis – a beautiful graphic novel by Phil Noto, Graeme Devine and Eric Nylund chronicling the first military campaign against the Covenant. The novel centers around the Sprit of Fire on a mission to discover why the Covenant are so interested in the world of Harvest
- Unique In-game Vehicle – “Honor Guard” Wraith
- Six Leader Cards – Leaders possess elite skills which can turn the tides of battle
- Spirit of Fire Patch – Start the journey as an official Spirit of Fire crew member
Not a bad sounding collector's edition at all, though a price point of $79.99 (US) may be a little steep. It's the graphic novel that interests me most, as well as the really cool looking case, but I don't know if I could justify $20.00 (US) more for it.
Regardless, I still need to see if I'll want to buy Halo Wars by trying the game out first.