Monday, June 15, 2009

The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360) Main Quest Completed for the 3rd Time


Have I mentioned how wonderful The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360) is? I've played through it so many times now, with several different characters, and it's always an amazing and unique virtual world to visit.

For this playthrough, I decided to create a male Nord named Shale who's task it will be to complete the main Quest, The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine, and The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles. I'm mainly chasing the last Achievement I need to collect in the game, but decided to do everything since I haven't tackled the main Quest in 2 years.

It took me just under 30 hours to foil the plans of the Mythic Dawn, as well as to tackle the odd side Quest that came my way. Originally, I had set a goal to avoid the game's fast travel system and to close every Oblivion Gate I came across, but I encountered the bug where I was unable to grab the Sigil Stone in one such Gate. After attempting to close this Gate a few times with no luck, I decided to nix those goals (though my horse sure got a lot less use). This bug also cropped up on an optional Quest I was doing, but thankfully it didn't affect the main Quest at all.

Shale is combat oriented, a Warrior, as I recall, and I've been specializing in both Blade and Blunt. I also went through The Elder Scrolls IV: Fighter's Stronghold again, so I have a nice castle to call home.

Even after 3 years, I still consider The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion to have some of the best game environments ever created, sporting excellent design. The province of Cyrodiil is a wonderful and varied land to explore, that you really need to experience it to believe it. The role playing elements of the game are also exceptionally done, enhancing the feel of this living world, and there really is just so much to do in Cyrodiil, that I'm still able to find and complete new Quests, even though I've been playing this game for over 2 years.

Now, while I go through other titles, Shale will be taking 5 before tackling The Elder Scrolls IV: Knights of the Nine. If you haven't had the chance to experience The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion yet, I strongly urge you to do so, as the game really does offer so much content to explore.

No comments: