Wednesday, March 28, 2007

Xbox 360 Elite Canadian Prices and Date


The Canadian Xbox website has been updated with the Xbox 360 Elite console, including a release date and prices.

The Xbox 360 Elite will arrive on May 4th and retail for $549.99. The 120 GB HDD will retail for $209.99, and the Wireless Controller for $69.99.

Full details and further pricing info can be found in the official press release here.

The Xbox 360 Elite is going to be selling for about $50.00 less than I expected it would, so with that in mind I'd like to revise a previous statement from my announcement post below: I still think the Xbox 360 Elite is not worth a repurchase if you already own an Xbox 360 Core or Pro console, and I also do not believe the HDD is worth it's cost unless you're really packing a lot of media, however if you do not already own an Xbox 360, I would now recommend the Xbox 360 Elite over the Xbox 360 Pro.

An additional $50.00 is well worth the cost for an additional 100 GB of storage space and the HDMI cable. The only thing that would change my mind on this would be if the Xbox 360 Elite doesn't come pre-bundled with a good game or so.

One thing I'm disappointed with is the cost of the Wireless Controller. I was just at Best Buy today, and the Xbox 360 Wireless Controller is on sale for $49.99 (regular $59.99). This means that you'll be paying at least $10.00 more for the Xbox 360 Elite's Wireless Controller simply because it's black. That's totally an Apple-like rip-off scheme and is not worth it at all.

No comments: