Sunday, April 15, 2007

The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles (Xbox 360) Game Breaking Bug Confirmed


I knew this game-breaking bug existed in the PC version of The Elder Scrolls IV: Shivering Isles, however I just discovered that its been confirmed for the Xbox 360 version as well.

Bethesda Softworks has released a Beta patch for the PC version, but there are no patches as of yet on the Xbox 360.

In short, if you download Shivering Isles, your copy of The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion will be rendered generally unplayable in approximately 75 to 150 hours of gameplay, even if you are playing classic Oblivion.

The details of this bug and suggestions on how to play around it are listed here, however if you have not downloaded Shivering Isles yet and intend to, I'd save your 2400 Microsoft Points until a patch is released via Xbox Live.

2 comments:

Flame_Kettle said...

My son is bugging me we should get this game, but from other people I hear this game is a massive investment in hours.. which on one hand means that the patch should be well released by the time we think about "Shivering Isles"

Also I hear there is a big upgrade/patch on May 7th,

I see the new bigger HD will be available seperately, I am not going to get it though, at least not yet, I don't see it being anything we need, unless we (Canadians) start getting access to all the media downloads,

Thanks,

Juxtapose said...

If you are looking for a rich and deep fantasy world to explore, then get Oblivion.

You're right though, it's a huge time investment. I've played for about 55 hours and I've got a good bit to go still, then of course there's replay, different Guilds to join, side Quests, etc.

Oblivion is a drain on your social life, but well worth it to me.

Like I've suggested before, you can always rent it to see if its your thing.