Sunday, March 15, 2009

Poll of the Week - Will Pulling Killzone 2 Bus Shelter Ads Reduce Violence in Your Community?


Last week's poll asked you "Do you Think Halo Wars is Revolutionary?", and while again the number of voters is small, here's the results:

Yes, it will change the RTS genre as we know it. - 1 Vote, 11%
It won't revolutionize the genre as a whole, but it will change console-based RTSes forever. - 6 Votes, 66%
I only bought it for the Halo 3: Mythic Map Pack. - 0 Votes, 0%
It's not a shooter, so I'm not touching it. - 2 Votes, 22%

Total Votes: 9


"It won't revolutionize the genre as a whole, but it will change console-based RTSes forever" is the clear winner, and that's what I voted for. I have never been this impressed with a console RTS, and while it can't touch the complexity of a PC RTS, there's a lot of potential here and hopefully developers will now be able to further the genre further on the console-based platform.

I only have 2 Missions left in the Campaign, and while it is rather simplistic, Halo Wars is just plain fun, and it really feels like I'm playing some classic RTSes from yester-year. I'm really looking forward to trying out some 1on1 multiplayer action.

Now, turning to this week's poll. The subject of this week's poll revolves around the pulling of Killzone 2 ads across bus shelters in Toronto because some felt the ads were too violent. The linked post details my thoughts, but I want to hear from you: "Will Pulling Killzone 2 Bus Shelter Ads Reduce Violence in Your Community?"

Vote to the left and speak up! Feel free to leave your detailed comments on the matter in this post.

No comments: