Friday, October 14, 2011

Gears of War 3 Horde Command Pack DLC Announced


I'm a little late on this one but as usual, better late than never. Epic Games has officially announced the first DLC add-on for their smash hit, Gears of War 3. Entitled the "Horde Command Pack," it will include:

- Three new maps that can be used in Horde, Beast Mode, and Private Versus matches
- Four new Fortification Upgrades for Horde
- Three new Multiplayer character skins
- Two New Weapon Skins

The Gears of War 3: Horde Command Pack will be available November 1st for 800 Microsoft Points or at no additional charge if you purchased the pricey Gears of War 3 Season Pass.

You can read the official announcement here.

You know, I've had the game since launch and I still need to try Horde and Beast Mode. I'll be honest, Gears of War 3 has not grabbed me at all, and while it's not a bad game, I'm finding myself disappointed by it. It has such a been-there-done-that feel too it, and the Campaign was pretty disappointing to me and no where near as marvelous a story experience as professional reviewers are making it out to be.

Once I do sink my teeth into some more game modes, I'll review Gears of War 3 myself. Look for it in a week or so.

No comments: