Sunday, November 05, 2006

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind (PC) Speed Demo


Got bored and went back to Speed Demos Archive, and decided to check out the speed demo for The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind. As many of you know, I picked up The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition for my Xbox last spring, and while I fell in love at first, I ultimately got bored and felt unfulfilled with the title and sold it before completing it.

Anyway, I was curious to see what the final boss, Dagoth Ur, looked like since I never got to him myself and I was also curious to see how the game could be completed in only 7 minutes and 30 seconds seeing as how I must have played for literal days when all was said and done and I think I was only about two thirds of the way through.

While the content of the demo itself was just "shmeh," the short time was impressive. After watching a bit of the game again, it also reminds me of how disappointed I was with the product in the end, how much potential there was but how it ultimately fell short.

It's also helped me to realize that I really am in the mood for a great RPG right about now, something to get lost in for a while but I can't think of a title for either my Xbox or PC.

When I pick up an Xbox 360 I'll probably rent The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, however I'll be buying an Xbox 360 for Mass Effect, so my RPG woes will be solved.

Can anyone perhaps suggest a great RPG? Perhaps I should just borrow Fable from the staff...

No comments: