Monday, May 21, 2007

Unexpected Call from Microsoft


Well this was interesting. I just got off the phone with a rep. from Microsoft (US) who contacted me himself, this call was not initiated by me.

Apparently the gentleman's boss saw my post(s) here on Arbiter's Judgement related to the problems I've been having with Xbox Support and my broken Xbox 360, and he asked him to give me a call.

Microsoft's rep. took a moment to apologize for the issues I've been having, confirmed with me that my refurbished unit has been shipped as of this past Friday (and that I should be receiving it shortly), and that they'd be happy to send me a free bonus game. He went over the list of games he'd be able to send me, and the title from said list that best suits my gaming tastes is Perfect Dark Zero, so I'll be receiving that in roughly half a week to two weeks, depending on the post office (its sent via snail mail instead of Purolator).

The rep. also took a moment to go over a few things I didn't know, such as Canada having overnight shipping as a standard due to how Purolator works here.

I don't know if this call has anything directly to do with the complaint I lodged with the Better Business Bureau, however I must say that I am quite impressed and surprised to have received said call.

The rep. has also provided me with his email address, and asked me to contact him in two weeks should Perfect Dark Zero not arrive, and also to give him a heads up (as well as calling Support) should there be an issue with the functionality of the refurbished unit itself.

I'll continue to keep you posted in the days ahead.

1 comment:

Flame_Kettle said...

Wow, I had no idea your Blog was so widely read, I am glad to hear you are finally having some good luck with your Xbox,