Tuesday, May 15, 2007

Xbox Support is Screwing me Over


At last check, I was told I would receive the return package to send my broken Xbox 360 to the Xbox service centre between yesterday and tomorrow. At end of business day today, no package arrived and I decided to contact Xbox Support once more for an update.

At present, nothing further has been done and apparently Xbox Support is migrating all their data to another system. I've been told to expect a delay of another 5 business days. That means, assuming nothing else screws up, I need to wait 5 days for a return package, and then another 8 to 10 business days for my refurbished unit.

I told the rep that I was not pleased with this level of service, and asked if something could be done. She informed me they'd give me a free 1 month trial of Xbox Live Gold, to which I informed her I'd already been promised that twice.

I asked if they could do overnight shipping for me, they said no. I asked if they could credit my credit card for a new console at the return of my broken one, and of course they said no.

What Xbox Support might do is, once I finally have my refurbished console, they _may_ provide me with a free bonus game.

Unacceptable. My repair order has been lost twice and now delayed due to a system transfer, and all I'm getting for compensation is 1 month of Xbox Live Gold and maybe a free bonus game of who knows what game.

At this point, there's nothing I can do with Xbox Support, so I have officially filed a complaint with the Better Business Bureau. I doubt they'll do anything either, however at least I feel like I'm doing something.

All I can say to any of you with an Xbox 360 is hope to God your console doesn't break, and hope you don't have to deal with Xbox Support.

No comments: