Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360) Completed on Sith Lord


I finished my third play-through of Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (Xbox 360) yesterday, this time on Sith Lord (Hard), and overall it wasn't too bad. I found you needed to be more careful than on Sith Warrior (Normal), less reckless, and that you had to make real good use of all your Force Powers and your key combos. Force Lightning and it's associated combos rock, by the way.

I will say that the game's less than stellar auto-targeting was much harder to forgive on this difficulty. So often I'd shoot out Force Lighting only for it to go in the direction of absolutely nothing when I wanted it to fry that giant Bull Rancor who just happened to be the only enemy around. I mean, what else did the game think I was shooting at?

Also, some of the boss battles were really, really cheap, like Kazdan Paratus. I mean really, what was up with that guy? He was only the second boss in the game, and it took me hours to beat him. I fully agree that he's the single most diffcult enemy in the game. Insane frustration, and I don't think I've sworn that much in a long, long time. Ironically, the game's final (Light Side) boss was a complete piece of cake after employing the tips I found in this FAQ. Good stuff.

Overall though, I did enjoy Star Wars: The Force Unleashed. It's far from perfect and gets pretty repetative, and it's not very long, but it's just so much fun ripping through Imperials, and the story is overall well done; nice and dark and classic Star Wars. Also a beautiful looking game, which is why it's too bad there's a good bit of v-sync issues, but they're forgivable. The overall experience is kind of like that kick-ass B game you keep around when you've had your fill of the triple A's. You know you're going to get an average experience, and sometimes, that's just fine.

No comments: