Thursday, May 31, 2012

Doom 3 BFG Edition Announced

Yesterday, Bethesda Softworks announced the Doom 3 BFG Edition coming to Xbox 360, PlayStation 3, and PC sometime during 2012.

The console versions are also remastered and feature 3D.

Doom 3 BFG Edition doesn't just include Doom 3, but also Doom, Doom II, Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, and The Lost Mission (whatever that is).  Only the Doom 3 content is remastered.

You can check out the official announcement trailer here or below:




Well, I'm a huge fan of Doom 3 so this has my interest and I'll be keeping an eye on it, though I'm curious as to what the actual cost will be.  As a full priced game I'd likely wait for a price drop, and then I'd need to figure out what to do with my Xbox copies of Doom 3 and Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil.

I'm also expecting this to be a port of the PC version of the game, which is a shame as in my opinion, the Xbox version of Doom 3 has far better pacing.  The Doom 3 BFG Edition has the Flashlight mod right out-of-the-box though, so that's a plus.

You can check out the full announcement here.

No comments: