Sunday, May 13, 2012

PlayStation Vita Purchased


This past Friday evening, I caved and picked up a PlayStation Vita along with the Starter Kit and Mortal Kombat.  I've been thinking about this for some time and I finally decided to treat myself, as I've spent well over 300 hours with the game and this will allow me to take it on the go, as I'm not bored of it yet.

My weekend's been a busy one and I've only gotten to spend a bit of time with the handheld, but thus far I'm quite impressed.  This is actually the first touchscreen device that I've owned, and overall I'm finding the PlayStation Vita to be very slick and intuitive.

Mortal Kombat handles extremely well and I almost feel like I'm playing on my Xbox 360.  Graphically it is a bit of a downgrade, but that's to be expected and the gameplay is tight and solid and I can still pull off my Mileena combos with relative ease.

The last time I dabbled with a Sony handheld I ultimately sold the product over lack of use, but the PlayStation Vita does appear to be able to cater to a more current style of console gaming, and with a title I already love on it, I'm not expecting that to occur again this time.

I'll post my full impressions in a few weeks once I've really given the product some loving.

No comments: