In the latest Halo Bulletin, 343 Industries has unveiled the official box art for Halo 4, as well as the contents of the game's Limited Edition. Note that unlike past Halo titles, only a Limited Edition will be released alongside the standard edition, there will be no Legendary Edition.
The Halo 4: Limited Edition contains:
- War Games Map Pack Access. Access to three post-release Multiplayer Map Packs.
- Specializations. Early access to six specializations that standard edition players will need to unlock by playing normally, or purchase separately.
- UNSC Infinity Briefing Packet. Story details about the ship, Spartan IV armour customization, and UNSC weapons.
- Halo 4: Forward Unto Dawn Special Edition. An extended cut of the upcoming live action digital series, weighing in at a total of 90 minutes.
- Bonus Digital Content via Xbox LIVE. Featuring unique in-game Spartan IV armour skin, unique in-game weapon skin for the Assault Rifle, an exclusive in-game emblem, Xbox LIVE Avatar prop, and lastly an Xbox LIVE Avatar Spartan IV costume.
Personally, I like the way a friend of mine put it: With the Halo 4 Limited Edition, you're essentially purchasing an overpriced Season Pass, and I agree completely. Retailing for a whopping $99.99 (compared to the Standard Edition's $59.99 price tag), I'll happily pass since I'm not a supporter of DLC anyway.
For those interested in the Standard Edition of the game, the official Box Art can be viewed in this little video here or below.
Well, I still don't like John's armour design, but at least the Assault Rifle looks like an Assault Rifle.
For full details, check out the Halo Bulletin here.