Thursday, April 11, 2013

Frobisher Says! (PlayStation Vita) Review


I'm going to keep this review very short and simple:  Frobisher Says! is a free-to-play game for the PlayStation Vita.  It features a series of mini-games that players must complete over and over while trying to earn a time bonus to increase their score.

I first downloaded the game last Fall and gave it a whirl, and personally, it really is not a game for me.  I was very underwhelmed by the art style, the mini-games, and the whole thing really.  It does make use of all the PlayStation Vita's capabilities, such as motion controls, the front and rear touchpad, and even the camera, however I found its responsiveness was not always the best which added to my negative impression of the title.

After giving it a short try, I deleted it, however a few months back Trophy support was added via a patch, so I redownlaoded the game and started earning Trophies.  Thankfully, they weren't too hard to achieve (most of them anyway), but even after revisiting it and really trying to get into what Frobisher Says! has to offer, I don't like the game at all or anything about it.  Once I earned my last Trophy today I promptly deleted the title and have no intention of getting it again.

For those interested, the mini-games consist of things like scratching Frobisher's back using the rear touchpad (pictured), smiling at ladies as they come by on a conveyer belt and not smiling when its an animal (pictured), using the bumpers to punch a boxing bear, using the front touchscreen to remove a plug from a bathtub drain, squashing clay faces by pinching them between touchpads, etc.

While I didn't like it at all, however, you may, and since it's free feel free to give it a whirl.  Personally though, I wouldn't recommend it as there are for more entertaining free-to-play games out there.


No comments: