Saturday, April 13, 2013

Gears of War 3 Sold


Yesterday I got around to selling Gears of War 3, which is something I should have done a long time ago.  Clocking in as my most disappointing game of 2010, I regretted getting it almost immediately.

I personally found the storytelling and certainly the character development and horrible dialogue in the Campaign to be so bad it was laughable, I never cared for Versus, Horde wasn't innovative enough over what was offered in Gears of War 2, and I never really got into Beast Mode.

After finally getting a few Multiplayer Achievements last Spring, I took almost a year break from the game and came back to it to see if my opinion would have changed, and so I fired up the Campaign on Insane.  Sadly, my opinion did not change, and I found it just as disappointing as before, only now more so because of the horrible Checkpoint system and sub-par level design made far more apparent by the added difficulty.

Anyway, I happily sold it, and I certainly won't be picking up Gears of War: Judgment.  At this point, unless something drastically changes, I'm done with the franchise.  I'll always have extremely fond memories of the first two games and may go back to Gears of War 2 every now and again, but basically the Gears of War franchise is one that went completely downhill with Gears of War 3, and there's far better games out there to spend my money on.

No comments: