Sunday, January 14, 2007

Doom (Xbox 360) Purchased


Today I finally caved and decided to purchase Doom (Xbox 360) from the Xbox Live Marketplace. To do so I had to purchase some Microsoft Points and then download the game.

The whole process was simple and Doom cost me about $10.00, which is worth it for what I consider to be the greatest game ever made.

The achievements you can earn for it are all pretty simple, and 10 of the 12 are Single Player ones. I've achieved 6 of them in only a few hours and I'm a quarter of the way through the game.

Even though it's just called Doom, it is actually The Ultimate Doom. It sports higher resolution graphics than what was featured on the version that came with the Doom 3: Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox) and Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox).

Nerve Software developed the Xbox 360 version and re-bound a few of the controls, and they also fixed the bug where the game would only display the sky of the first Episode.

My only major gripe so far is that Doom (Xbox 360) is rather dark by default, and there's no in-game brightness control.

I also sold a few Xbox games today to offset the cost of the Microsoft Points. I sold Family Guy: Video Game, The Lord of the Rings: The Third Age, and LEGO Star Wars: The Video Game and got fair prices for all of them from Deja Vu Discs.

When I connected my Xbox 360 to Xbox Live today, I noted that there was a system update as well, however I have no idea what it did. I also went and updated Gears of War with its new patch.

No comments: