Sunday, June 10, 2007

Vampire Rain Demo Impressions


I remember when I watched the Halo 2 Documentary on the Collector's Edition bonus disc back in 2004 that one of the guys said that Bungie is the jaded crowd, that if a game doesn't entertain them in a matter of minutes, they drop it and start playing something else.

Well I think I'm more jaded than them.

I downloaded the Demo for Vampire Rain started up a game, and selected a level to play. I thought there were only supposed to be 2 Single Player levels available in the demo, but the main menu seemed to have 4, so I tried one of those and got in, but of course I wanted to start from the beginning.

I went to the in-game Pause menu to quit back to the main menu, and I could not find a quit option. Ultimately, I had to use the Guide Button to get back to the Dashboard.

I promptly deleted the demo from my HD as any game that doesn't have an exit option from the in-game menu, something that's very simple and a tried and true staple of basic design for the last billion years, is bound to have a gazillion design problems.

So in short, menu pissed me off, game then sucks.

Update: And no wonder. I'm trying to find an official web site link, and it's all in bloody Japanese again! I'm just linking to the official Xbox site, as all this "kekeke" crap hurts my brain.

No comments: