Thursday, February 09, 2006

The Infinite Void that is Existence

Sorry for the lack of updates, kids, but work's been very busy. Anyway, it's mainly been a slow news week so there wasn't much to miss.

I still haven't gotten around to watching the bonus features for Corpse Bride, but I'm hoping to soon with a DVD review shortly afterwards.

I won Star Wars: Republic Commando (Xbox) for the 4th time last night. The game was a lot harder towards the end than I remember, and 3 of these play throughs have been on Hard. Anyway, a great, fun, and intense shooter with squad based elements. Delta Squad kills things good, and thank God for that as a good bit of the game's end levels were me lying on the ground incapacitated and waiting for a revive. I will say though I think LucasArts could have simplified the game's Detonators (Grenades) and just had Thermal and EC Detonators, removing the Sonic and Flashbang ones. I found it to be rather tedious toggling through so many grenade choices in a pinch. I also encountered a lot more AI bugs for my squad towards the end than ever before, including squad mates getting stuck on surfaces or not following me properly.

Oh, and if you search for images of "Star Wars Republic Commando Xbox" with Google Images, you'll get an image of a vagina with a dildo in it. 'Cause, you know, that makes perfect sense.

I picked up 2 novels today, Diablo: Moon of the Spider and World of Warcraft: Cycle of Hatred. I didn't even know the World of Warcraft novel existed until I saw it in store, so I'll be reading both of these and posting reviews once done. I'm starting with Diablo: Moon of the Spider first as it was published first.

No comments: