Friday, February 10, 2006

Power Failure


So I got home last night and there was a power failure affecting the whole block. Being around 7:00 pm, it was pitch dark so I figured in order to anything (even something basic like take a piss), I needed to see.

So I took the Mini-Maglite I always carry in my bag and affixed it to my right arm with two rubber bands. That way, I could look around just by pointing my arm and both hands were also free to manipulate my environment (until the Maglite nearly fell in the toilet, but that's another story). Anyway, that was a simple, successful setup, which makes me smarter than the Marine in Doom 3.

Speaking of id Software's horror masterpiece, I've started going through it again (Xbox version), this time on Hard, but I've reduced the brightness and contrast by half to increase the challenge. Things are quite dark and therefore a bit scarier. I suspect it now looks more like the PC version, and I wish I could find some rubber bands in the UAC facility.

No comments: