Saturday, September 23, 2006

I Forgot How Addictive System Shock 2 Is...


As I mentioned last Sunday, I've gotten System Shock 2 up and running on my Windows XP system, and now that I've been able to play it again, I must say I've forgotten how bloody addictive it is!

I started last Sunday, and made it all the way to Deck 3. I covered three entire decks in only one day, and I actually sat there for about 5 hours playing without even realizing it. Jebus, talk about a great environment. Doom 3 borrowed heavily from the System Shock 2 environment, and while Doom 3 is a great game, it stripped out all the RPG elements that makes System Shock 2 so damned addictive.

I also got to check out the new Cyborg Midwife skin, which is featured in these screenshots. Basically, this model is an updated model of the Rebirth mod featured in this screenshot in this post here. The new Complimented model features the terrifying look of the original low-poly model from the regular game, but adds in a more mutilated version of the boobs from the original Rebirth mod model (the right boob now has wires and you can no longer see the nipple clearly).

Regardless, the Cyborg Midwife is still quite freaky in the way she looks and talks, and she's all over Deck 3, Hydroponics where I am now.

No comments: