Saturday, October 11, 2008
Halo 3: Recon Q and A
To clear up many of the rumours and false information floating around the interwebs regarding their recently announced expansion, Halo 3: Recon, Bungie has dedicated this week's Weekly Update to a question and answer session.
The major highlights:
- Halo 3: Recon will be a standalone, disc based expansion
- You play as an ODST
- The game is set during the events of Halo 2 _after_ the Prophet of Regret fled to Delta Halo
- It is a traditional FPS
- The as yet unreleased Mythic Map Pack will be released for Halo 3 early in 2009, and will also be bundled with Halo 3: Recon
- Halo 3: Recon will feature a full set of Achievements for a total 1000 Gamer Score Points
- Production on the expansion began during Spring 2008
And there you have it, the official details so far. Being an expansion set, even a stand-alone version, it is likely that Halo 3: Recon will be priced a little bit cheaper than a traditional new game. My guess will be around $49.99 at launch (but I could be completely wrong, of course).
What I'm most curious about is to learn how the Elites will play into the game. We've clearly seen that Brutes are involved, but I'm not certain if the Covenant Civil War has started yet. Still, according to the Halo 3 Bestiarium, Brutes were used as occupational forces on conqured worlds, so even if the Elites are still part of the Covenant that would explain the giant apes presence.
Only time will tell!