Sunday, October 02, 2005

Morning Post - Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War Demo


I downloaded the Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War demo yesterday and tried to install it this morning. Install Shield keeps looking up when configuring the Windows Installer and I have to restart my system. I've tried twice with two failures, and I've verified that I do meet the system requirments. My system is also freshly defraged and software updated.

If the demo is so poorly programmed that it can't even launch the installer without hanging my system, then this game isn't worth my time, no matter how good it actually is.

It's just like World of Warcraft. Blizzard Entertainment's Beta wouldn't download properly and their tech support was useless, so it doesn't matter how good World of Warcraft turned out to be, nuts to them.

There are many games out there I want to try, mostly on Xbox, so if something can't work properly from the get-go I simply move on to a title that will.

Oh, there's also a demo out now for Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault, which you can grab here.

I'll probably download this one and see if it'll work, but I'm already not very impressed with the game, as I'm sure you can tell.

2 comments:

Telly said...

Have you confirmed that the demo works with Win98? We obviously have had no such problems with the demo, the full game or its expansion.

-The Staff

Juxtapose said...

Yes, the demo does support Windows 98 Second Edition.

The Warhammer 40,000: Dawn of War - Winter Assault Demo installs fine, as noted by the post above which was created after your comment.

What I might try to do is download the original demo from a different source.