Friday, December 29, 2006

Xbox 360 Warranty Extension Email


Received this email from Microsoft yesterday:


Xbox 360™ brings you top quality customer service.

Effective December 22, 2006, the Xbox 360 console warranty has been extended to one year from the date of purchase. The extended warranty applies to new customers and existing Xbox 360 owners. If you experience hardware issues with your Xbox 360 console within one year of purchase, your console will be repaired at no cost*.

Now, that’s a holiday gift, indeed. Play with confidence and enjoy the best of next generation gaming. Celebrate the holiday season with a catalog of over 160 high-definition games, the freedom of wireless accessories, and the online entertainment you can experience with your friends on Xbox Live®.

To find out more information on this policy change, please visit www.xbox.com/en-ca/support. Should you have questions regarding this policy change or experience any hardware issues, you can also visit: http://www.xbox.com/en-ca/support/contact/ or call 1-800-4-MY-XBOX and speak with an agent.


I'm quite happy with this move, the more coverage, the better.

2 comments:

Flame_Kettle said...

Hmmm, I registered and I haven't gotten the email, but at least i know anyways,

Regarding the PS3 vs the Xbox, I have only been over to my buddys place twice to see it, the one time we played resistance for about 90 minutes in co-op mode, it was very cool, but the graphics were more like a juiced up Half-Life, Gears of War is nicer looking, and we played the demo for MotorStorm, it is truly a very cool game, and very nice looking too, I am sure you have seen the demo playing in stores, although my friend tells me that the demo he downloaded is a newer version than the one playing at the retail stores,

I expect better games in the future, taking advantage of all the space on the CDs and the capabilities of the unit,

The other thing we looked at was the music and slide show player, it was very cool, a lot nicer than the simple Xbox slide show,

For now it is too soon to tell for me anyways, I am just glad I get to play both!

as for Kameo, there are no Best Buys near me, and the edge card made it a little cheaper, I am not going to worry about a few dollars,

Thanks for posting a comment on my site! although I have quite a few more commentors than you do, it is always nice to see some activity,

I was wondering if you looked back in the archives to see the pictures of my toy soldiers?

on a side note, my TV is acting up, it is turning off at random, if it is the lamp this will be my second one in so many years, oh well good thing I got the extended warranty, I also ordered the Bell Expressvu HD-PVR unit today! quite a exciting time at my place!

Thanks!

Gary,
aka Flame_Kettle

Juxtapose said...

At some point, I would be interested in doing a comparison between the two consoles to see which has the better hardware overall, however I'm not sure when I'll get the chance. Even my hardcore PS2 loving friends don't want to buy the PS3 due to cost.

I did scroll back and checked out some of your older posts when I first looked at your blog. Correct me if I'm wrong, but you've also made custom action figures as well by mix and matching pieces from different figures, correct?

For myself, I have some figures from Todd McFarlane, mostly Alien and Predator figures since I'm a huge fan of that franchise.