Saturday, May 03, 2008

Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox) Completed for the 5th Time


Just short of one year ago, my retail Xbox 360 console's DVD drive died, and I began the process of going through Xbox Support to send it in for service. To satsify my gaming needs while I waited on Xbox Support, I fired up my original Xbox console for the first time in a third of a year and began playing through Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil (Xbox) for the 5th time. I got through a couple of levels, but couldn't get into it because I was angry that my new console had died and all I really wanted to play was The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion (Xbox 360).

A month ago when I needed to send my refurbished Xbox 360 in for service due to DVD tray ejection issues, I decided to continue playing my left-off game of Doom 3: Resurrection of Evil, but this time I was determined to finish the game off even after I got my next refurbished Xbox 360 console back. This morning, I finally achieved that goal, and overall, like always, I enjoyed my Xbox Doom 3 experience.

This is the first time I played through a full game on my original Xbox console on my LCD TV, and boy, does it sure look a whole lot crappier. It really let's me appreciate the upscaling and anti-aliasing offered by playing an original Xbox game on the Xbox 360 console.

Otherwise, the game was the same enjoyable experience as last time, save for a strange audio issue that I'll talk about in my next post.

Continued above.

No comments: