Saturday, June 07, 2008

Ah, Summer's Here...


You wake up in the morning, walk outside to get the Saturday paper, only to step right into a brick wall. At least it sure felt like a brick wall, but actually, it's a disgusting wave of humidity that leaves you dripping buckets of sweat after 1.6 seconds of exposure. You can barely breath, your eyes hurt, allergies are acting up, and you're miserable, grumpy, and ready to punch the first person who looks at you.

Yeah, summer's here. We're having our first real heatwave in Toronto. It started yesterday, and it's supposed to last until tomorrow. Imagine my joy. I don't know, summer sounds a lot like PMS to me, which I guess is why women like this season so much.

Speaking of the fairer sex, the only redeeming quality of this farce of a season is female attire. Short skirts, dresses, tight tops... yeah... I'm drooling to.

Keeping that in mind, I have to ask: Why the hell aren't any women walking around topless!?!?!?!? I mean, it's legal here, and they fought hard in that court battle that lasted until 1996 to make it legal, yet no women walk around bare-chested. Damn sexually repressed North America.

Mark my words, this world _would_ be a better place if North America wasn't so Victorian about its sexuality. I mean, boobs are lumps of fat covered by skin with a nipple roughly in the centre. The only reason breasts are so sexualized is because of the taboo we've placed upon them as a society. We all have nipples, so what's the big deal?

Quit staring at my nipples.

No comments: