Saturday, June 18, 2011

The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim Game Trailers' Interview and Gameplay Walkthrough

Some other E3 news I missed: Game Trailers has an interview with Craig Lafferty, the Lead Producer on The Elder Scrolls V: Skyrim, which discusses the game mechanics and shows off several clips of gameplay footage. You can check that out here or below.



While I'm very excited for the game, I must confess I'm not as impressed with the visuals as I was with Fallout 3 or previous titles developed by Bethesda Game Studios. I suppose that's because the game is being developed for 5.5 year old hardware and the Xbox 360 is really starting to show its age, but I fully expect the gameplay to be exceptional and that's what really counts, which leads me to the next video.

You can check out a full gameplay demonstration of the Xbox 360 version of the game narrated by Todd Howard here or below.



Oh, it's digital crack all over again!

2 comments:

Telly said...

Damn you, digital crack!

Graphics still look decent, and are an improvement over Fallout 3, but still show that character animations in particular are NOT Bethesda's strong suit.

-The Staff

Juxtapose said...

@Telly While I agree they look better than Fallout 3 and the game's looking good, it's not amazing or visually wowing me. It's no Mortal Kombat, in other words.

That's not to say it's ugly, far from it, it's just a bit sad that the current generation really is showing its age now.