Sunday, July 15, 2007

Sonic the Hedgehog (Xbox Live Arcade) Impressions


This past Wednesday, Microsoft released two classic Sega titles to Xbox Live Arcade, the first of which is the original Sonic the Hedgehog.

In brief, while I was growing up, I often went over to a buddy's place and played on his Sega Genesis, and of course we tinkered with Sonic the Hedgehog since it came with it. As far as I can remember, the Xbox Live Arcade version plays just like the classic of yesteryear.

Now, as I mentioned, I just tinkered with Sonic the Hedgehog back then, and I never really got into it (I always preferred Nintendo's sidescrollers), and that still holds through today.

There's no real nostalgia mixed in with it for me, so I went through as much of the Demo as I could, collecting Rings and spinning onto enemies, and then removed it from my HDD.

While it is only 400 Microsoft Points for the full version, for me, it isn't worth it enough.

Still, it's nice to see such recognizable classics being brought onto Xbox Live Arcade.

No comments: