Sunday, March 16, 2008

The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox) Repurchased


Yeah, I know I sold it a year and a half ago. Yeah, I know I couldn't fully get into it back then. Yeah, I know I should probably have let it be. But truth is, The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition (Xbox) has always bugged me. Why? Because it's the greatest game I never finished. And I sure as hell played it for a lot of hours before I gave up last time.

So what motivated me to buy it again, aside from the sense of an incomplete task that's been plaguing me every since? Why, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, of course. The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is one of the best games I've ever played, and in my opinion it is the best game you can presently own on the Xbox 360. So with such a great view of its sequal, I decided to once again try The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition to see if my opinions on it will change.

Yesterday, I went to the only EB Games I actually like (since most EB Games are bloody thieves), and traded in my copies of Prey: Limited Collector's Edition (Xbox 360), Spider-Man 3 (Xbox 360), and Tom Clancy's Ghost Recon Advanced Warfighter (Xbox 360) for $15.00. I then purchased a used copy of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition for $9.99, so with this trade in I got it for free!

The used disc is in mint condition with no scratches and only the most minor of scuff marks. The manual and map came from a brand new copy of the game who's disc mysteriously vanished, and the case is the original release case, not the Platinum Edition's. Unfortunately, the case itself was pretty grimmy, but after spending just over a dollar at the local dollar store for a package of 4 cheap DVD cases, I now have a nice new black case for my copy of The Elder Scrolls III: Morrowind - Game of the Year Edition.

I've tinkered with the game briefly, playing on my Xbox 360 to make sure it works, played for about 20 minutes, and created a male Imperial Crusader. Not sure when I'll have time to play through this entire extensive game and its two expansion sets, but hey, let's see if I can finally finish this challenge.

No comments: