Sunday, September 16, 2007

The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion (Xbox 360) Completed for the Second Time


Very early this morning, I completed all the Quests I wished to do on my second play-through of The Elder Scrolls IV - Oblivion (Xbox 360). I played as a female Breton Night Blade, and completed the Main Quest, the Mages Guild Questline, as well as numerous side quests. The only thing I have left to do is go through a few in-game books that I'd like to read. I'd need to double check, however I think my play time was around 65 hours, just over half the length of my first play-through, and I believe I reached Level 34.

I didn't explore as much this time around, though I still did plenty of that, and I was still very sad when my Horse got killed; struck down by an Ogre while trying to help me fend the beast off. I've permanently marked the location of my horses resting place, which is near the second marker while searching for Pale Pass in the Jerall Mountains.

I mainly specialized in Swords, Destruction, and Alteration Magic, and used a lot of Cold Enchanted Weapons and Spells. I also tried my hand at Enchanting and Spell Crafting.

The province of Cyrodiil is still the largest, most detailed, and free-roaming single player video game world I have ever played in, and even on a second play-through I couldn't help but be astounded by the views from the mountains, the weather patterns, and the quality of the landscape and ruins. I would have liked to see a little more diversity in the different ruins, caves, and mines, but given the overall scope of the game, this is certainly forgivable.

Without question, The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion is a game that I've gotten my money's worth out of based on sheer play time alone, and I still plan on going through the game at least once more. I think next I'll play a female Argonian Assassin who will ignore the Main Questline and focus on both the Thieves Guild and Dark Brotherhood, though I have a few other titles to play through before I return to the province of Cyrodiil.

No comments: