Monday, September 03, 2007

Streets of Rage 2 Demo Impressions


Last Wednesday, Streets of Rage 2 graced Xbox Live Arcade, and I downloaded and gave the Demo a try. While I was certainly having some fond memories and great flashbacks to sitting in my best friend's room and playing on his Sega Genesis, when it's all said and done that game is nothing more than a traditional '80's beat-'em up.

You can choose between 4 different characters of varying strength and speed and you keep moving to the right of the screen punching and kicking any enemy that gets in your way. You'll also get to pick up several weapons such as knives or pipes, and use them to stab and beat your enemies into submission. All in all, it's very standard far, and not much different than Golden Axe or even TMNT 1989 Arcade Game.

So in short, is it worth the 400 Microsoft Points for the full version. I'd say if your board and have nothing else to do, yes. For now though, since I'm playing through BioShock and soon Halo 3, as well as replaying Spider-Man 3 and The Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion, I'll pass.

No comments: